People often ask me which essential oils are must-haves for their home. The options are overwhelming and you don’t want to buy something you won’t use. Right?
Your household kit should contain essential oils that can be used for basic first aid, natural cleaning, supporting seasonal threats, as well as supporting mood, immunity and energy levels.
I only use and recommend doTERRA essential oils
which are safe, pure, third-party tested, and free of contaminants and fillers. The following essential oils plus an aromatic diffuser, are included in their Home Essentials Kit — perfect for introducing your family to essential oils in a cost-effective way.
If you have any oily questions or you’re interested in purchasing this kit or individual oils, please contact me.
I’d love to help you!
Properties: Cleansing, revitalising, uplifting
- Add a few drops to water for a citrus burst of flavour.
- Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces. Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
- Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
- Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
- Diffuse to create an uplifting environment.
Properties: Soothing, calming
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet at bedtime.
- Keep a bottle of Lavender on hand to soothe skin.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining Lavender with water in a spray bottle.
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavours and add a flavourful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
Properties: Cooling, energising, uplifting
- Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a refreshing flavour.
- Add a drop to your favourite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
- Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a midday pick-me-up.
- Diffuses well with Basil, Wild Orange, Spearmint, Coriander and Lemon Essential Oils.
Properties: Renewing, beautifying, rejuvenating, grounding
- Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening for a soothing effect.
- Apply topically to help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Massage on the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
Properties: Flavouring, enhancing
- Put one drop in place of dried oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast.
- Diffuses well with Lemon, Rosemary, Peppermint and Cypress Essential Oils.
Properties: Soothing, cleansing, rejuvenating
- For topical skin application, apply 1–2 drops of Tea Tree essential oil in a carrier oil onto area.
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser, as Tea Tree is known for its cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to cleanse and keep nails looking healthy.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces as a cleaner around the home.
- Diffuse, inhale directly from palms, or rub on chest or feet when environmental threats are high.
- Use when outdoors at times of seasonal threats.
- Diffuse at bedtime for a restful environment.
Ready to start your oil journey ?